- 30 finalists each received $250,000 and advanced to the Phase 2 accelerator.
- An additional 10 teams each received a Promise Award of $100,000.
TOTAL PRIZE POOL
- Two first-place winners each received $3 million.
- Three second-place winners each received $1 million.
- Five third-place winners each received $500,000.
During Phase 1, all solvers had access to challenge resources, which included a virtual information session, technical webinars, and an extensive collection of open data, surveys, and reports on Veteran welfare and suicide prevention. Innovators and collaborators were also invited to join the Mission Daybreak solver community, which helps solvers expand and augment their teams with cross-disciplinary expertise.
Finalists participated in a virtual accelerator — with resources including exclusive data sets, networking opportunities, mentorship, and other tailored resources. In November 2022, they presented their solutions to key stakeholders, investors, and partners at Demo Day, a live pitch event.
First-place, second-place, and third-place winners will also receive an invitation to participate in VA’s Greenhouse Initiative.